- Compassionate Care
- Schedule a Consultation
- Have an Appointment at BFS?
- BFS Web Portal
- Patient Resources
- Support Organizations - General
- Support Organizations - Disease-Specific
- Facebook and Email Groups
- Financial Resources
- Local Travel & Lodging
- National Travel Resources
- National Lodging Resources
- Patient Stories
- Patient Letters
Welcome to the Patient Resources section of our website. Download a comprehensive list of patient resources here.
Please click the links to the left or below to:
- Find local and national general patient support organizations
- Learn about support organizations for a specific disease
- Find Facebook and email support groups
- Research financial support resources including grants and free products and solutions
- Check out national transportation resources
- Transportation and lodging resources local to BFS
For more patient resources read our blog - Connected Visions!
If you would like to request PROSE materials to give to a medical professional or for fundraising purposes, please complete this form.
The Discovery Eye Foundation recently published an excellent blog on depression and eye disease. It includes a list of signs of depression and suggests action steps to take if you are experiencing any of those signs. One important piece of advice was to find a support group, so you can share with others who understand what you are going through.
Getting Through it With Your Life
Six years after surviving SJS, Eileen Share found BFS and got her sight back. Able to read for the first time in years, she joined a local book group. Soon after she caught the volunteering bug and got involved with...read more.